Floranada is conveniently located in the Pompano Beach area in close proximity to Fort Lauderdale and many South Floriday attractions. If you’re looking for more excitement than a lazy day on the beach, check out some of these area activities and adventures!
Walk to some of South Florida’s premier entertainment spots. Sip Tropical frozen drinks that will instantly transport you to the Islands. Our neighbors, Ocean Point Tiki Bar offer some of the most delicious Island treats. Their burgers are have won rave reviews across South Florida. Enjoy some great food, amazing drinks and awesome company.
Pompano Beach is notorious for some of the best fishing in Florida. With local fishing charters around the corner the open water is at your constant disposal. Enjoy sport fishing, kayaking, snorkeling or even just cruising the intra-coastal. These fishermen know the waters like no one else, catch your dinner and eat fresh fish tonight!
Are you the adventurous type? The local reefs in Pompano Beach are home to some of the most exotic, beautiful aquatic species. Take advantage of what our beaches have to offer. Scuba lessons and equipment are available across the street from Floranada. Spend a day amongst nature’s most fascinating creations.
- Jet Skiing
- Banana Boating
- Kite surfing
- Body boarding
Just to name a few…visit Floranada’s Welcome Center for more information on the many local activities.
Restaurants and Night Clubs
Looking for some action? We’ve got you covered. With tons of local restaurants and bars in the area all your evening activities are just a short walk or cab ride away. Looking for live music? Almost every nightlife hotspot offers live music and some of the hottest DJ’s. Enjoy a night of dancing, drink specials and the best in live entertainment.
Treat yourself to some rest and relaxation at some of the most upscale spas and salons located right on the beach. Watch the waves roll in as you enjoy a massage or facial at your convenience. Ask our Welcome Center to provide you with a brochure to escape into a soothing spa serenity.
Get some time on the green. Take golf lessons or get a game in less than half a mile from your suite. Pompano’s Municipal Golf Course is beautifully manicured and fairly priced to accommodate a day of golfing. Take your business client out for a few rounds of golf or sign up for some lessons while on your next trip.
Local Courses: Palm Aire Country Club, Pompano Beach Golf Course, Crystal Lake Country Club
Parks & Recreation
Pompano has so many options for the athlete in you. With over 20 community parks that feature; basketball, volleyball, tennis, running tracks as well as swimming pools, you can sustain your healthy lifestyle even on vacation.
Pompano Beach Links:
- Historic Pompano Air Park
- Learn about Sea Turtle Preservation
- Explore the Hillsboro Inlet with its fishing fleet, charter, dive boats and Hillsboro Lighthouse
- Nearby attractions, music, theater and cultural events
- Annual events: Nautical Flea Market, Seafood Festival, Fishing Rodeo, Holiday Boat Parade
- Watersports: Parasailing, kite-boarding, paddle boarding, personal watercraft, and surfing
- Dive Operators can lead you to 100+ shipwrecks and dive sites
- Harness racing at Pompano Harness Track and Isle Casino
- Shopping at Pompano Citi Centre and farm fresh produce at Green Market
- Visit the city’s Community Park, dog park and amphitheater
- Golf at the new Greg Norman signature golf course
- Experience the Pompano Beach Air Park and Goodyear Blimp Visitor’s Center
- Dancing at the Star Ballroom, Casa Salsa, Dance Moves & Goldcoast Ballroom
- Nearby attractions: Butterfly World and Festival Flea Market
- Nearby parks: Fern Forest Nature Center, Tradewinds Park, Quiet Waters Park